A multi-national and leading speciality chemical business based in Berkshire is currently seeking a Toxicologist to join their EHS department on a permanent basis. As Toxicologist, you will play a key role in developing, interpreting and communicating toxicological data to provide product stewardship support and ensure strict compliances are met.
- Develop, implement, and lead process to identify and classify human health and/or environmental hazards of chemicals associated with chemical products.
- Qualify and manage contracts with outside toxicology test labs. Customise protocols to accommodate the properties of the material.
- Prepare design, review, evaluate, and interpret toxicology test results (mammalian and eco-tox) related to substances of interest to the company.
- Prepare toxicological summaries and calculations for substance and product registration globally. Interact with regulatory agencies on toxicology matters related to new regulation and product registration.
- Assemble, review and interpret data from literature, testing, chemical grouping, and modelling used as a basis for development of our SDS toxicity and classification statements. Monitor on an on-going basis.
- Participate on industry trade associations, technical workgroups, and scientific/regulatory advocacy committees that address toxicology issues of interest to the company.
- You must possess a degree level qualification in Toxicology, pharmacology, chemistry or life sciences.
- To possess experience in the toxicology field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If you demonstrate an understanding with both ecotoxicology and mammalian toxicology – this will be highly desirable.
- Strong communicator with the ability to translate complex scientific data and information into understandable language that facilitates business decision making.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possesses sound judgement, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and has the inner confidence to take risks and make tough calls.
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package (Incl. Final Salary Pension Scheme, Healthcare etc.)
Job Ref: 6089