A multinational environmental consultancy is currently seeking a GC-MS Team Leader to join its brand new, state of the art facility based in Bedford. Working within their analytical team, you will lead the GC-MS Section to ensure that all analysis is completed according to customer required timeframes and to the required quality standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with significant GC-MS experience, coupled with supervisory exposure to join a world recognised business and develop a successful career focused to analytical chemistry.
GC-MS Team Leader Responsibilities
- Lead the Section to ensure that all analysis is completed according to customer required timeframes and to the required quality standards.
- Responsible for technical performance of all methods within the Section, ensuring that all methods are fit for purpose.
- Provide a horizon scanning function for emerging technologies, methodologies and analytical requirements that can ensure differentiation from other laboratories and which make a material impact on the profitability of the business.
- Responsible for the development, optimisation, and validation of methods for analysis of a range of trace and ultra-trace environmental contaminants in complex matrices.
- Provides technical oversight for the Section, providing technical guidance to staff working within the Section.
GC-MS Team Leader Requirements
- Educated to a degree qualification in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Extensive experience using GC-MS instrumentation, ideally for the analysis of trace environmental contaminants.
- Experience working within a fast-paced, commercial analytical testing laboratory.
- Significant demonstrable experience working at a senior level within a commercial testing laboratory, and preferably within the environmental, water or similar sector.
- Proven experience of developing, implementing, and validating testing methods using single and/or triple quadrupole GC-MS systems.
- Experience leading, directing and motivating a small team of Scientists.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels within an organisation.
Salary £35k - £45k + excellent company benefits
Job Ref: 6720