An innovate young start-up business that has recently acquired a major round of investment is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein – a first of its kind in industry. As Business Development Manager, you manage interactions with potential customers in the homecare/personal care/food/beverage markets – acting as a bridge between the internal product development team & client.
The ideal candidate will be BSc/MSc level qualified in Chemistry or closely related, coupled with account management/business development experience gained in the FMCG/Packaging industry.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities
- Managing interactions with potential customers in homecare, personal care, food and beverage and other markets for plastic replacement materials.
- Reporting initially to the CEO, as the first member of a commercial team to be built over the next two years as the company launches initial products.
- Coordinating relationships with development partners and potential customers, managing relationships through customer testing and validation, tender and procurement, and initial product sales.
- Acting as a bridge between the product development team and customers.
- Researching, developing, and mapping potential markets and applications.
- Developing and maintaining a CRM.
- Representing the company with media and events, working with the PR agency and other consultancies on communications.
Business Development Manager Requirements
- Degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study. Business qualifications also accepted.
- Direct business development/account management experience gained in the FMCG (personal care, home care), Food/Beverage or Packaging industries. Displayed a solid track record working closely with innovation and new product launches.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with a highly technical team of Scientists & Chemical Engineers.
- Marketing communications experience.
- An enthusiasm for sustainability and addressing the global issue of plastic pollution.
- The right fit for a small, science-led, innovative team and a high level of autonomy, creativity, and independence.
The company can provide a huge opportunity to work with industry leading businesses and to work with ground-breaking technology. There is real scope for rapid career development and growth for the right individual.
£45k - £55k + shares
Job Ref: 6801