An opportunity has arisen for a chemist to join a speciality chemicals and materials manufacturing organisation at its facility in Worcestershire, West Midlands. As a chemist you will play a pivotal role in the development and manufacture of the various chemicals and materials used in their applications within the defence and aerospace sector. You will work as part of a like-minded team of chemists and materials scientists who share the same passions and ambitions.
To be successful you should hold a relevant scientific qualification ideally within chemistry, materials science or a closely related discipline. You should also possess at least 3 years commercial experience working in the speciality chemicals or materials sector and have a sound understanding of COSHH regulations.
Chemist Key Responsibilities:
- Development of specialist materials including Composites, Adhesives, Insulants and Paints used in the technology applications.
- Formulation of chemicals to meet standards required.
- Qualification and analysis of materials for use in accordance with the necessary requirements.
- Support the production and manufacturing teams to resolve related issues.
- Hold a relevant scientific qualification ideally within chemistry, materials science or a closely related discipline.
- Possess at least 3 years commercial experience working in the speciality chemicals or materials sector.
- Sound understanding of COSHH and process safety regulations.
- Excellent problem solving skills are essential.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
37 Hour Week – Monday to Friday
Salary: Competitive Depending on Experience + Benefits – 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Company Pension – On-Site Parking – Subsidised Canteen
Job Ref: 6944