An opportunity has arisen for a development chemist to join an innovative cosmetic manufacturer at its facility in Sheffield. As a development chemist you will play a key role in the formulation and development of new and existing personal care products.
To be successful you should hold a degree in a relevant discipline, e.g., chemistry, cosmetic science and possess experience in formulating personal care products ideally in a commercial setting.
- Developing formulas and creating new products to meet business and customer requirements.
- Managing the creation of products from brief, formulation development and sample preparation right through to scale up trials and manufacturing.
- Managing multiple briefs simultaneously ensuring communication and expectations are managed, ensuring timescales are clear, achievable and take into consideration any testing and potential re developments.
- Managing raw materials from suitability to sourcing and work with our other internal teams to ensure correct stock levels to fulfil samples.
- Attending internal and external NPD meetings on behalf of the NPD team to provide updates and guidance on briefs you are managing.
Skills & Requirements:
- Hold a degree in Cosmetic science or Chemistry.
- Proven experience within Cosmetics formulation and development.
- If you have experience in developing haircare or colour products this would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- A strong focus on customer service, teamwork and problem solving.
- Self-management skills.
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 + Benefits - Life Assurance, Healthcare Cash Plan, 25 days holiday + statutory entitlement.
Role: Permanent, Full-time
Job Ref: 6872