An innovate young start-up business that has recently acquired a major round of investment is currently recruiting for a Head of Engineering to its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein – a first of its kind in industry. As Head of Engineering, you will lead company direction on the scale-up of microcapsule products – which has a primary application to the food industry.
This rare opportunity will suit a talented Engineering Manager with wealth of experience gained in the food or FMCG market space to join an innovative business, leading the way in plastic alternative materials.
Head of Engineering Responsibilities
- Lead authority on the scale up of food encapsulation products, from lab to manufacturing scale. Future projects will include fragrance encapsulation and films for packaging applications.
- Collaborating with the Product Development team to transfer products into scaled production pipelines.
- Manage technical and operational plans for scaling projects; OPEX, CAPEX etc.
- Lead technical work projects and design of pilot plants – which will include process improvements.
- Responsible for the Engineering department with requirement to grow the team and take a pivotal role in the recruitment campaigns.
- Lead authority on production line design, equipment identification and procurement, management of budget and liaison with senior management on approvals
Head of Engineering Requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field of study.
- Demonstrate a wealth of experience gained in the FMCG or food industry – working with materials/polymers/sustainable materials and the scaling up of products.
- Proven experience acting as a Manager.
- CAPEX, OPEX experience.
- Capability to work on various sized manufacturing lines – from small to pilot to large scale.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
In return, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to join a progressive business who are leading the way on innovation and development of alternative plastic materials. This will be coupled with a very competitive package including company share options and rapid growth.
Job Ref: 6723