An innovate young start-up business that has recently acquired a major round of investment is currently recruiting for a Head of Process Engineering to its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein – a first of its kind in industry. As Head of Process Engineering, you will lead company direction on the scale-up of microcapsule products – which has a primary application to the food industry.
This rare opportunity will suit a talented Senior Process Engineer/Process Manager with wealth of experience in scaling-up projects from innovation through to market release to join an innovative business, leading the way in plastic alternative materials.
Head of Process Engineering Responsibilities
- Lead authority on the scale up of food encapsulation products, from lab to manufacturing scale. Future projects will include fragrance encapsulation and films for packaging applications.
- Collaborating with the Product Development team to transfer products into scaled production pipelines.
- Manage technical and operational plans for scaling projects; OPEX, CAPEX etc.
- Lead technical work projects and design of pilot plants – which will include process improvements.
- Responsible for the Engineering department with requirement to grow the team and take a pivotal role in the recruitment campaigns.
- Lead authority on production line design, equipment identification and procurement, management of budget and liaison with senior management on approvals
Head of Process Engineering Requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field of study.
- Demonstrate a wealth of experience gained in either FMCG, Food, Beverage, Chemical, Pharmaceutical industry – working with innovative projects and scaling up of products.
- Proven experience acting as a Manager.
- CAPEX, OPEX experience.
- Capability to work on various sized manufacturing lines – from small to pilot to large scale.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
In return, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to join a progressive business who are leading the way on innovation and development of alternative plastic materials. This will be coupled with a very competitive package including company share options and rapid growth.
Job Ref: 6723