Our client is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. The organisation is currently seeking a Qualification Engineer for their Cambridgeshire based facility.
Qualification Engineer Responsibilities:
- Review & interpret material specifications qualification test plans and associated test methods and to highlight to management any inconsistencies or contradictions.
- Draft qualification test plans as required with line management support.
- Generate test plans and overall project plans with line management support.
- Undertake all aspects of test specimen preparation and generate defined physical chemical and mechanical test data – implementing and developing new test methods as required – and proposing & implementing agreed improvements to existing procedures & processes.
- Investigate – with guidance & support – the reasons behind unexpected specimen failures.
- Statistically analyse and accurately document test data and material performance conclusions in a technical report format with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning and management consensus.
- Undertake project work in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications quality standards and health safety & environmental (HSE) requirements – for self & others – & to maintain accurate records in support of said compliance.
- To undertake ancillary tasks (including 5S LEAN continuous improvement etc.) in support of the day-to-day running of the Qualification department.
Qualification Engineer Requirements:
- A technical background in an engineering or material science discipline (a working knowledge of FRP composite materials testing will be advantageous).
- A hands-on approach to laboratory work combined with good attention to detail.
- The ability to analyse test data – draw firm conclusions and where necessary – propose next steps.
- The ability to write accurate and concise technical reports with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning.
- Effective project management and communication skills and be able to work both independently and as a team member.
- The ability to command the personal respect and confidence of colleagues and customers for technical ability.
Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience (Including Bonus).
Job Ref: 6847