This is a rare opportunity to join an industry leading Ink manufacturing business as a R&D chemist at their state-of-the-art facility in Livingston. As an R&D chemist you will work as part of the company’s innovation team, assisting in the development high performance polymers, inks and coatings for a number of applications.
To be successful as an R&D Chemist you should hold a degree in a relevant discipline: chemistry, polymer technology/chemistry and possess hands-on experience within an academic or commercial laboratory.
R&D Chemist Responsibilities:
• Support the development of high performance polymer systems, UV curable inks and coatings.
• Responsible for providing quality control analysis.
• Work alongside customers in order to sole any problems; improve current products.
• Liaise with raw material suppliers in order to test and identify high quality materials for current and future developments.
• Keeping accurate records and documentation is also an important aspect of this role.
R&D Chemist Requirements:
• Hold a degree within relevant discipline: Chemistry, Polymer Technology/Chemistry.
• Some knowledge/experience with polymers and or inks would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organisation and administrative skills are essential, must also possess the ability to prioritise and plan allocated workloads.
Competitive Salary + Benefits – Pension Contribution – 25 Days Holiday – 37.5 Hours per Week
If you are a recent chemistry graduate or possess experience within the polymer or inks industry and are looking for an exciting research and development opportunity this is the opportunity for you.
Job Ref: 6808