A growing diagnostics company has an exciting opportunity for an R&D Manager to join its team. This role is pivotal in the R&D function, requiring extensive experience of running projects and leading R&D teams. You will have a breadth of experience in ELISA development and have proven experience in guiding R&D teams to successful project outcomes. You must also be prepared to be hands-on in the lab if needed.
- Development & maintenance of the ELISA portfolio.
- Realisation of product development roadmap in alignment with business
- Ensuring all projects are well managed and run to plan and
- Transfer of products into
- Updating stakeholders on project progression.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to R&D scientists and
- Ensuring all department procedures are maintained and
- Presenting data to internal and external
- Collaborating with stakeholders both within, and outside of the
- Monitor academic and technical advancements in the field to ensure the business has a competitive
- Supporting other areas in the organisation on technical matters as needed.
- To perform other duties as required by the business.
- Minimum BSc in a relevant scientific
- Minimum of 10 years industrial experience within an R&D function, with an ELISA
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary
- Experience in managing project
- Staff leadership and
- Experience in project
- Proficient in the design and development
- Experience in veterinary diagnostics
Technical knowledge required:
- Protein purification / conjugation
- Analytical methods (SDS-PAGE, Western blot etc)
- An understanding of antigen (viruses) and antibody production would be desirable.
- Fluent in Microsoft applications.
- Technical report writing.
Salary £45k - £55k
Job Ref: 6993