An opportunity has arisen for a laboratory technician to join the research & technology function of an industry leading specialist materials organisation. You will be based at their facility just South of Cambridge and play a pivotal role by supporting the R&T Process team in the effective delivery of technical, research focused projects.
In order to be successful you should ideally hold a chemistry, materials science or closely related qualification and possess previous laboratory experience in a commercial setting.
Research Technician Responsibilities:
- Preparation of material formulations for test specimens.
- Perform characterisation of materials properties through thermal analysis and other spectroscopic techniques and microscopic methods.
- Responsible for storage of finished samples and products.
- Support Lab activity where required.
- Communicate progress of projects, data from experiments to all necessary levels.
Research Technician Requirements:
- Educated in a technical preferably Chemistry, Physical or Material Science or Engineering discipline.
- Possess previous technical, commercial laboratory experience.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, methodical approach to work with a keen eye for detail.
- Competent to work safely in a chemical laboratory without the need for supervision.
- Awareness of good practice in terms of health and safety.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Competitive Salary and benefits package
Job Ref: 6767