A fast growth start-up has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join its R&D team. As Project Manager you will pro-actively contribute to the consistent on-time delivery of R&D projects from Cell Biology to Bioprocessing. To be considered you must be an experienced Project Manager, ideally with a PRINCE2 qualification and with experience in the biotech or related industry.
Your responsibilities include monitoring and communicating the status of R&D projects to the leadership Team and ensure these are completed within the expected timeframe.
- Plan project timelines, project tasks and follow projects their entire lifecycle
- Execute strategy for ensuring success of new and on-going projects within agreed timelines, budget, scope and internal customer expectations
- Ensure all necessary resources are identified and available
- Lead regular project meetings with internal and external collaborators
- Communicate timely project updates and progress to the leadership team
- Use a mix of creative and established tools to manage and communicate effectively
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks and obstacles.
- Manage changes in project scope, timelines, and priorities.
- Generate and circulate of project status, cycle time and on-time delivery performance reports
- Undertakes improvement projects and ad hoc tasks
- Helps establish standard operating procedures that drive repeatability and consistency
- Lead CAPA investigations to identify root cause of errors/failure and formulate recommendations
- to learn, adapt and prevent recurrence
- Degree in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related field.
- In depth understanding of project management principles and project lifecycle methodologies
- Agile, Prince 2, PMP – or equivalent knowledge in Project Management methodologies
- Extensive experience in working in a scientific environment planning, scheduling and completing successful projects with cross-functional teams
- Excellent track record for managing internal and external projects within budget
- Ability to manage complex projects under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- Excellent risk management and mitigation to ensure timely project delivery
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and capable of working both independently and collaboratively; in a fast-paced team environment with shifting priorities
- Strong excel and data interpretation skills and suitable attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Experienced in applying process improvement methodologies such as Lean, 6 Sigma, Kanban, PDSA, Root cause
- Experience in working with stem cells and tissue engineering
Skills and personality traits:
- Advanced problem-solving skill
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Able to multitask
- Model desired values and behaviours, including quality, integrity, respect, and personal accountability
Job Ref: 6990