An opportunity has arisen for a Scientist to join a leading, specialist materials manufacturing organisation at its stare of the art facility in Cambridge. As a Scientist you will work as part of the research and technology team supporting on various research projects for the development of liquid resins, polymers and other material applications.
To be successful as a Scientist you should hold a degree in a relevant discipline, (chemistry, materials science) and possess previous laboratory experience within a commercial setting.
- Work alongside senior development scientist and chemist of develop new technologies and solve technical problems.
- Plan and execute research projects that will contribute to larger product development programs.
- Preparation of physical, chemical, and mechanical characterisations of resin formulations and the properties of composites derived from them.
- Microstructural analysis of resins, and composites to determine failure modes and understand performance.
- Contribute to running of technical centre resource by supporting local teams and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Work in a clean, tidy, efficient, and safe manner and to assist with general laboratory duties as required.
- Hold a degree in either chemistry, materials science, or related subject.
- Knowledge of chemistry sufficient to undertake independent formulation research with guidance from senior chemists.
- Basic understanding of chemical reactions and fundamental physical chemistry.
- Awareness of basic polymer chemistry and materials science an advantage.
- Demonstrable laboratory competency including awareness of health and safety and experience of research.
- Experience of any of the following would be advantageous: DSC, DMTA, Rheology, microscopy, mechanical testing, or statistics.
Competitive salary and benefits package
Job Ref: 6769