Due to continued growth and further funding, a CRO is forming a new Cell Biology Group. They have an exciting opportunity for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to join its newly created team. This is a hands-on lab role contributing to the delivery of various cell line projects. To be considered, you will have proven experience in eukaryotic cell culture, plus standard molecular biology and protein expression techniques. Industrial lab experience is preferred.
Duties to include or require the following:
- Contributing to the delivery of new heterologous cell lines expressing ion channel proteins.
- Performing cell culture techniques including mammalian cell culture, transient and stable transections.
- Carrying out procedures using molecular biology skills including gene cloning and vector construction, PCR and use of software to perform sequence analysis.
- In collaboration with the electrophysiology team, perform experiments to characterize cell biology reagents.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to record and maintain accurate written records.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstratable experience in eukaryotic cell culture and protein expression.
- Molecular biology and cell culture experience in particular focused towards generation of stable cell lines.
- Excellent aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of cell-based assays or developing of screening assays using heterologous cell-based expression systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Lifesciences with at least three years’ experience of laboratory research experience.
- Experience of working in a busy industrial/commercial laboratory environment.
• Experience operating plate-based functional screening assays (e.g. fluorescence
Salary £30k - £40k
Job Ref: 6817