A contract analytical laboratory is looking for an experienced analytical chemist to work in the chromatography laboratory performing GC and GCMS analysis. The work involves testing raw materials, API and finished products to in-house or published methods as well as method development and validation of new methods. You must hold a degree in Chemistry or related subject and have extensive experience performing GC and GCMS analysis to apply for this role.
- QC analysis of pharmaceutical materials, using GC and GCMS analytical techniques to the required standards producing high quality data.
- Providing specialist expertise, aiding in the development of new methods and also troubleshooting instruments and analysis.
- Comply with in-house, GMP, GLP and UKAS quality requirements as appropriate.
- Training and development of junior analytical staff as and when required.
- Checking raw data.
- Client liaison and communications.
- Educated to degree standard in chemistry or related subject.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a laboratory performing GC and GCMS analysis.
- A working knowledge and practical experience with the troubleshooting/development of analytical methods
- Experience working within a GMP/GLP environment
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical Quality Control environment performing pharmacopeial analysis. (desirable)
- Experience with Chromeleon data system (desirable)
Job Ref: 6804