Due to continued growth a busy research and testing laboratory requires a Senior Formulation Scientist to support its formulation activities. Your role will be to define formulations of a wide range of gasoline, diesel and aviation fuel blends independently and consistently, using a combination of blend formulation models and empirical blending.
Senior Formulation Chemist Responsibilities:
Define formulation of a wide range of gasoline, diesel and aviation fuel blends independently and consistently, using a combination of blend formulation models and empirical blending.
- Work closely with the Laboratory team on pilot scale development work.
- Manage developmental experiments to design fuels to meet challenging fuel specifications.
- Assist in raw material blend component specification, sourcing, testing and approval.
- Work closely with the Production Manager during the production process to ensure scale up blending meets the appropriate formulation targets.
- Identify new applications for fuel products using input from customers or marketing.
- Participation in customer meetings and providing pre- and post-sales customer technical support.
- Writing/reviewing of manufacturing batch records and maintaining formulation records.
Senior Formulation Chemist Requirements:
- Minimum Honours Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Strong proven formulation track record in the petrochemical industry.
- Strong analytical approach to work and the ability to solve multi-parameter formulation challenges systematically.
- Basic knowledge of statistics.
- Strong IT skills including advanced spreadsheet manipulation in MS Excel.
- Exhibit good written skills in notebooks/batch records as well as good verbal communication.
- Understanding in the safe handling of hydrocarbon fluids.
- Must have experience in writing and documenting data/results/ observations, writing summaries and following guidelines.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convert research findings into presentation graphics and product literature.
- Ideally you should have general knowledge of the automotive industries, current and future engine technologies and a keen interest in the challenges facing the industry over the next decade. You will be required to work with major automotive OEMs in the development of fuels to overcome these challenges.
- A desire to work in a small, flexible team within a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, working closely with all team members including the Technical Director.
Salary £30k - £45k
Job Ref: 6853